7/19/2011

2nd of July?

I never found out why but Murray city celebrated the 4th of July on the 2nd. It was our first time celebrating the 4th here because we were in Utah last year over the 4th. I was pleasantly surprised with the festivities. The best part was several things were free. The bouncy toys were free we got tons of candy at the parade and we also got free water, Popsicles, lemonade, popcorn, and watermelon. The parade was just a normal city parade for the most part. The major difference was tons of the floats were religious. All the different churches had their own float. They had the best candy too!! One church was giving out full size candy bars. Crazy!! I didn't take many pictures. It was just me and the kids, I let Wayne skip this year he hates parades. It was soooooo hot!! It was all I could do to just keep moving let alone take pictures of what we did!
The kids watching the parade
After the parade we went down to the street booths and looked around. It was fun for the kids. They had part of the road covered with sand so the kids played in that for a while.  It wasn't quite the same as Layton I missed having family celebrate with us. It was still a really fun day! Later that evening we went and watched the fireworks. Never, ever in my life have I sweat watching fireworks! Usually I am cold but not this year! It was so stinkin' hot!!
Playing some football while we waited for the fireworks

Thirsty Apri!

Me and Wayne waiting for the fireworks

The kids playing. Apri was pretending that Camden was her pillow.
As for the 4th of July DON'T ASK!! It was not a good day! Let's just say Wayne was working on the car and the project took all day instead of a few hours! Such a bummer.....I learned my lesson though! Never Ever Ever do a project like that on a holiday! That is all I will say about the 4th! Thankfully we did get to have some fun on the 2nd sense the 4th didn't work out.
Hope you all had a fun holiday!

1 comment:

The Kelly's said...

love that last picture of Apri and Camden! I have to agree that there is nothing like the 4th in Layton.